Sunday, December 10, 2006

The simple things make the best memories!

I had the best day today and didn't really do anything momentous...just normal everyday life. It started out really early this morning. Well, at least it was early for me to be dressed and out! LOL A close friend of mine, Jenn and I headed to Shreveport for lunch and to shop at the BoardWalk. It was really cold....at least cold for us here in Louisiana...in the 30's, but it warmed up to the low 50's. This doesn't happen very often. It was a neat experience...shopping all bundled up, walking along the river with Christmas music playing. We haven't been able to spend much time together, just the two of us (no children!). I really enjoyed it. We've tentatively discussed doing a girls' trip to New York next Christmas. Hopefully it will all work out. I've never been and would love to visit NYC.

We got back home fairly early and then Bill, Carley and I headed down to another close friend's house 30 minutes south of here. Yet another SaturDATE. They cooked chili and served hot dogs and nachos. HOWEVER...a drive in restaurant that was in the small town when we were growing up closed a few years back. Well the previous owner decided to reopen that old hamburger joint. It's called Wot-a-burger....it's not the chain hamburger place that I've seen around. Actually it's MUCH better. Anyway, I just had to order a hamburger, fries, and a child's steak finger basket and see if it really was the exact same food. Oh my gosh! I missed this place and I am SO glad that they are back!!! We headed over to the Carters and just spent the evening (stayed until midnight) in their back yard around a bon-fire. And yes, we roasted a marshmellow or two!

1 comment:

Alicia Barry said...

Let me know if you come to NY. I can show you around.