Friday, December 08, 2006

SaturDATE


They say only two things are certain in life…death and taxes. Well, you can add one more thing to the list... SaturDate. Yes, SaturDate. For nearly 14 years now we have had a standing date for Saturday with the Carters, with few exceptions. We usually end up catching a matinee at Tinseltown and then dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Thanks to the opening of our new theater and restaurants in Ruston, we’ve been able to mix in a few local movies and meals. We’ve been celebrating our SaturDates for so long now, I can’t imagine ever going through a weekend without one.



Last Saturday, the Carters came up for supper. We ended up going to Ryan's...great place for kids because we don't have to worry about them having to be quiet. Afterwards we came back to our house and I got all the kids to lay in a circle so I could run up on the landing to take a photo. I needed it for contest that I had been in for 9 weeks. We were to use a sketch that had a circle for the photo. I was the only one that actually used a round photo....thought surely that would be unique enough to set my LO apart from the others. Here's the photo and the LO that was created. I'll eventually add a few more things to it....things that I didn't think I could add until after the contest, but things I think it still needs to balance it out.





1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love the circle photo and layout! I have 4 girls, I wonder if it would work with four maybe I'll throw in the cat. I also enjoyed reading about your Saturdate. We need something like that. :)

My name is Dawn Stegall, I own FaithfullyYours that you mentioned here on the blog. Thank you for that! Take care...

Faithfully,

Dawn