Saturday, December 23, 2006

It IS a stone!

Well Bill does have a stone! Uggh. He saw the urologist on Friday and they did the IV piggy back thing where they inject dye into his kidneys and then take x-rays. He has one in the upper left kidney, but it's not low enough for the Dr. to get via surgery just yet. He gave Bill two options. Have a stint put in on Friday or go home with pain meds and tough it out until it drops low enough to get it out. Bill has had three stints put in a few years ago and the pain of one of those is as bad as the stone itself. So, he came home yesterday with the meds. It's not working out too well though. We were up until 4 am last night because he was hurting so bad, yet he won't let me take him to the ER. I still have an entire list of things that I need to get for Christmas. Still not entirely sure what I am going to do. I've already tried the local stores, so I really need to go to Monroe (30 minutes from here) to finish up. One thing I know for sure. Christmas will come whether I have those things bought or not.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Carla I am SO SORRY to hear this about your DH!!! so PAINFUL! I can't even imagine! I'm praying that it doesn't last much longer!!!! HUGS!

Michelle Jo Klomp said...

Wow...Kidney stones are soo painful. I hope your hubby gets over this soon.