Thursday, January 25, 2007

Am I really ready for this?

Tomorrow is a big day in the life of a dancer...my dancer, Carley. My daughter will finally get her pointe shoes. She doesn't know it yet. Oh, she knows her dance instructor said she was ready and that she could go ahead and get them. This was a complete shock to me as I'm sure it was for her. We had resigned ourselves to the fact that she would get them sometime this summer at best and more realistically next fall. I will surprise her when I pick her up after school and we'll drive about 45 minutes to the dance supply shop with the biggest selection. It's been something she has worked towards since she was only 3 years old. This is her 8th year of dance! But I'm not sure I am ready for this step....and better yet, is Carley ready? Is she physically mature enough to cross this big bridge and take such a huge leap? We'll know soon enough. And of course...Mama will be there taking pics and embarrassing her. After all, isn't that my job?

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Wow! What a talented girl you have! This is a HUGE dance milestone! I know she is going to be thrilled when she finds out!

Alicia Barry said...

Oh wow, what an exciting day.

ellen s. said...

gosh! that is awesome, what a huge accomplishment for her! you must be so proud of her!